Gone Travlin' - Blog


Parlez vous Anglais? ‘Oui, but I do not want to!’

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

If your French ain’t to good, it means – Do you speak English? And the reply Yes, but I do not want to.

Today we had a lovely sleep in and after booking another night in the hotel and changing rooms to a 2 bed room, did something really exciting by doing our laundry! You may remember us saying quite some time ago that it’s really expensive to do washing, so for the last few weeks we have been hand washing everything in our hotel basins and drying it in the bathroom. It works, but not what you want to do every time. Anyway, there’s a Laundromat right next to the hotel so we hung out there for an hour while doing the washing, talking to heaps of busabout people at the same time. They are in the same hotel as us. This lot seemed really nice, after the weird, cliquey ones we came across in Salzburg. Anyway, it made the time pass quickly! After finishing the washing we headed off to Monaco to see how the rich people live. We arrived and walked down to the Marina, where we had a picnic lunch, before looking at the boats. There were some amazing ones there! One called Lady Moura even had a (tiny) helicopter on the back! From the rear, it didn’t look much bigger than the ones next to it, but from the side you could see that it was at least 3 times as long. As for the rest though, I think Auckland harbour wouldn’t be outclassed by much. After a couple of hours we jumped back on the train to Nice (totally loving the Eurail paases!) for a wander round and shopping. Maarty bought a new T-Shirt and belt, while I admired all the lovely clothes that I would buy if I didn’t have to carry them for another month. At least I know that if I can’t find many nice clothes in London (yeah right) at affordable prices (that may be more difficult) I can go pretty mich anywhere in Europe to get my fix of shopping! Earlier in the day, we had seen that the supermarket did Rotisserie Chickens (something I have been totally hanging out for, for weeks) which we decided to have for tea. We must have wandered a little too long though, as by the time we got back to the supermarket they had sold out of Chickens, Baguettes and just about everything else we had been intending to buy for dinner. Bugger! All was well though, as on the way home we came across a restaurant advertising a half chicken, mixed salad and roast potatoes for 6.90 Euro, which we thought was well worth it. We even both ended up not eating the second ¼ piece of chicken, which we got wrapped for our lunches the next day! EXCELLENT!



posted by Maarty @ 12:00 pm,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home