Shopping in Rome
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Well, as we had an extra day in Rome, I decided that we needed to do some shopping… actually when I said to Maarty that we should spend 4 days in Rome, I kind of had this in mind…shhh!! Anyway, as we walked down part of one of the main shopping streets yesterday, we thought we’d try our luck there. I had said to Maarty the night before that he needed to find me some clothes, as I am sick of looking like a slob… One thing that’s great about European shopping is that there is as much variety in men’s clothes as there is in women’s clothes… and most stores have both, so you can both be looking at your own stuff at the same time. Keeps the guys a little less restless!! I found a cool skirt in the first place we looked at but didn’t want to buy the first thing I saw, so we kept looking. Eventually, (a couple of hours later!!) I found another even cooler skirt, with random zips and stuff on it – quite short too! I’m sure there’ll eventually be photos. Anyway, that’s all I actually bought, but we had a yummy lunch… we found roast chicken and herb potatoes. YUM!!! I really miss my chicken and ‘taties.
After deciding that we had had quite enough shopping for one day, we went back to the hotel for another siesta (we’re getting the hang of this…) before heading out for a walk. We found a lovely park on the far side of the Coliseum, and there were actually more locals than tourists, which was nice for a change. Stinking hot though!
posted by Maarty @ 12:00 pm,
![]()