Hangover again!
Monday, September 12, 2005Oh dear… Well the Vodka shots (free throughout the pub crawl) were a little stronger this time, the glasses a little bigger and us a little wearier. Needless to say, I got drunk a lot quicker than I realised, and ended up having to have Maarten take me back to the hostel after just the third bar. We got up at 9.30 in time for breakfast, before returning to bed. Maarty got up again an hour or so later and left me sleeping – I finally woke up at 1pm, feeling terrible. I don’t think I have ever had such a bad hangover!! But we were in Berlin again, and only for one day, so I forced myself to get up and face the world. We headed out and got a kebab from the place we got them from last time, and yes they were as cheap and good as we remembered. My stomach a little more settled (slightly) we headed off in to town to see if we could buy me a jersey – Maarty got a warm one in Sweden, and I don’t have much warm clothing with me – and it’s starting to get cold. We couldn’t find any shopping malls or much else though, so we headed back to see the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag (German Parliament), as it wasn’t open last time we were here. There was a huge queue though, (it is free entrance… and the national election is this weekend) so didn’t go in. After an hour or 2 of looking around we headed back to the hostel for an interesting but cheap buffet meal, and then to bed for our last night of paid accommodation!
posted by Maarty @ 12:00 pm,
![]()