Home…
Wednesday, September 14, 2005What a feeling to be at the end of the journey. Now it’s onto getting jobs and settling into a city that dwarfs Auckland and is the most expensive in the world! First off the Chunnel experience is strangely wonderful, I was really pleased to hear that we were only under ground for twenty minutes. The train itself was a little disappointing from a comfort point but man was it fast, well at lest on the French side. Before the Chunnel we were travelling over 300km/h but on this side we slowed to under 100km/h. We arrived into Waterloo to find a massive station bigger than anything we have seen anywhere in Europe, It was huge but nice that everything was in English for the first time in months. We caught the underground to meet up with Lesley who we will be living with in her flat until we sort out other arrangements. We arrived to the flat close to 7pm and meet the flaties, there are 8 people living here but it’s not a squash at all. For dinner we had the infamous Kebab, that I think that I should have got shares in the company for the price I paid although to be honest it was really good one. We were a little overwhelmed by it all so it was an early night, hopeing to launch into it nice and early in the morning…
posted by Maarty @ 12:00 pm,
![]()