Karanda
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Took the cable car up to Karanda stopping twice on the way first stop is a forest walk and the second is a fantastic view over a water fall. Once in Karanda I was eager to get to the Markets and show Sarah where I had bungee jumped. Took a while to find the Markets as there are several now all over the place, all of different qualities, we even found one selling 10year old looking 'Target' clothing. Anyway we found the old crashed plane at the beginning of the markets only to find a very small section of markets with a large wire mesh fence at the end... After talking to one of the stall people we found out that they have turned the old site into a Koala zoo. So there wasn't as much shopping as I remember but we headed to the Butterfly sanctuary and spent a good hour in with the butterfly's - it was wicked there was soooo many, little buggers are hard to take photos of but rewarding when you do get a nice one! By the time we finished with the butterfly's and had had some lunch we really only had ten minutes or so to get to the train, I had pressured Sarah into getting the Gold class tickets because it wasn't very expensive and you only do these things once and I'm dam glad that I did! We got on and were offed complimentary champain, wine, beer or soft drinks. After he had organised the drinks he came around with macadamia nuts for all six of us in the carriage, and to my absolute pleasure offered more drinks! About halfway through the trip we got served with a cheese platter each and more drinks, which is all so very hard to decline so needless to say I was feeling quite good buy the time we jumped into the bus and made or way up the coast back to the hotel.
Labels: Australia
posted by Maarty @ 8:10 pm,
![]()