My First Flight
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
After looking out the window this morning I was a little concerned about the weather and just what I would get to see on my first ever flight - well in anything smaller than an ATR. But by the time that we got to the air-port at 10am it was fairly good with mainly clear skies. My co pilot was Dave and he has been a pilot for three years and is now training younger pilots. The plane we went in was a two seater Tomahawk with old school dials that maid you feel like you were in actual fact part of the flying experience - rather than the newer planes he showed me later that just had computer screens to look at! I got to take off and was in control (mostly anyway) for around 80-90% of the time we were in the air and I was up for 40 mins. So all in all a good intro to flying and I am keen to give it another go fairly soon!
Labels: Christchurch
posted by Maarty @ 1:33 pm,
![]()
1 Comments:
- At Monday, 10 March, 2008, said...
-
Great that the updates are still coming! Flying lessons aye... pretty cool!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Dalice :-)
