Bath and meander throught the countryside
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Funny - England is nothing like what I imagined. No wonder the Brits hate London. England is surprisingly European, and I'm now extra thankful that we didn't book our accomodation as it would have been impossible to organise. We have made it to the west coast and are staying in a little village that looks out to Wales. I have a bit of a suspition that its primarily a retirement village as old people out number the young by about 20 to 1!
Today we finally got to see Bath - a full year and a half after we first laid eyes on it - It blew us away to be honest. It has a very nice abbey and the roman baths are great although its all a bit 'museum-ey' for me. We stayed for a few hours walking around the center of the city before jumping in the car (After paying the 5 pound car park fee, and that's cheap we paid 7 pounds yeasterday in Cardif!) and took the very scenic route towards the seaside, passing though many small villages and driving down many very narrow roads - I hope that I don't loose a wing mirror, these streets make Wellington look absolutly positivly spacious...
Labels: England
posted by Maarty @ 6:36 am,
![]()