Gone Travlin' - Blog


Minehead to Newquay

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Well, the English countryside is very beautiful, the little towns are breathtaking. Although it's very hard to comprehend that there are hundreds of other people arround doing the exact same thing that we are. For example I pulled off the road to look at a small lake in the middle of what I thought was nowhere and I was charged a pound from a little old man as we pulled off the road, and the lake was so crappy that we didn't even get out of the car! Then later we pulled off the main road and went down to a small city only to find that they have closed it to trafic and you have to pay five pounds to get in - we just wanted some lunch.... then later again we stopped at a large hill, there really was nothing arround other than a nice view and low and behold a open air double decker bus full of people came racing past - I don't know if there is a single road in Britain that isn't a bus route. I know that this should not come as a surprise to me as we have traveled extensively throughout Europe before but this is different due to having a car. It is by far the most expensive way we have traveled. I don't think that I would ever recommend to anyone driving around Britain, it's beautiful but the roads are single lane for a lot of it -this is hard to explain as I would never had believed that it would be like this but imagine open roads with old stone walls either side with oncoming traffic and buses everywhere! It makes for some interesting near misses as you crawl past - with a rental that makes everything a little stressful really.









Labels:

posted by Maarty @ 12:00 pm,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 04 December, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow these are some beautiful photos you have taken, I love the fact that there are still some great areas in the United Kingdom that are quaint and picturesque.

I should be heading down south myself soon to the Butlins Minehead holiday park.

It's the first time I have been so any tips or advice on local places for day trips would be brilliant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home