Gone Travlin' - Blog


Newquay, St Ives and Lands End

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I get the feeling that Newquay is a youg person's city. It's very beautiful and I'm sure that in the heat of summer it's lovley but it was a little chilly on the day we were there and other than the beach there really isn't too much to the place. We had a lovley walk down the beach and a stroll through the old town but then decided to push on to St Ives for lunch. This in turn was a slighlty bad idea as it started to warm up and droves of people came from nowhere, making it impossible to get a park anywhere in St Ives, leaving us with just one photo from the car park as I parked on double yellows while Sarah raced to the loo... Moving on we traced the coast to lands end which in true European style had an amusement park where a peaceful lookout should be - it was bizarre really. Once again middle of nowhere, come up over a verge and then find a carpark with 500 or so cars and just to stop and look at a cliff they charge 3 pounds 50. In all seriousness Sarah and I were getting a little anoyed with having a car by this stage and quite seriously tempted to get back to London early - possibly even go to France for a bit....










Labels:

posted by Maarty @ 12:00 pm,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home