Quick trip to Wales & Berkley Castle
Monday, July 14, 2008
We found that we had a little time up our sleeves today and not really knowing what to do I suggested that we go to Cardiff - which I have to say was a great idea. The people of Wales are lovely and Cardiff has an amazing Castle right in the center of the city. We took a tour through the castle and had lunch at the castle restaurant, I had a roast with heaps of veggies which I had been hanging out for! After lunch we just had a bit if a look through the gift shop before jumping in the car and driving back the hotel that we had stayed at last night, as I found that I still had our room key - idiot! Anyway it wasn't so bad as we were headed for Berkly Castle which was less then ten minutes away from the hotel so it really wasn't to far out of the way. Berkly castle was amazing but in a totally different way to the Cardiff Castele. It has more of a pride and prejudice feel to it very Victorian and the family still lives in it today making a 900 year history for them in the castle.
We are still a little jet lagged and I find that I tend to get pretty tired around 4pm so we found a nice little best western to stay at tonight - not very old English but it is a lovely setting. We ended up sitting in the sun drinking guinness and figuring out what the next step is...
Labels: England
posted by Maarty @ 7:09 am,
![]()